The New Girl Season 2 Episode 24 Carla Gugino guest starred in a three-episode stint as Schmidt’s new boss, Emma.Jamie Lee Curtis and Rob Reiner guest starred as Jess’ parents in the Thanksgiving episode.Rob Riggle also guest starred as Schmidt’s cousin in the Thanksgiving episode.Olivia Munn guest starred in a three-episode arc as Angie, a love interest for Nick.Brenda Song appearred in a recurring role as Daisy, a love interest for Winston. Brooklyn Decker also guest starred in Song’s introductory episode, appearing as Holly. Nate Corddry also guest starred in an episode.
Odette Annable appeared in a recurring role as Nick’s new boss and love interest, Shane.Margo Martindale, Nick Kroll and Bill Burr guest starred as Nick’s mother, brother and cousin, respectively.Dermot Mulroney reprised his role as Russell from the previous season, Rob Reiner will also return as Bob Day, Jess’ dad.Taylor Swift will guest star in the season finale “Elaine’s Big Day”, playing the episode’s titular character. When Jess’s dad stops by unannounced, Nick must spend some alone time with him; Jess gets an employment opportunity that interferes with Cece’s wedding; Schmidt struggles to take his relationship public; Winston mentally prepares for his birthday.
Jess’ dad (guest star Rob Reiner) chooses the worst day to pay the loft an unexpected visit, forcing a nervous Nick to spend the day alone with him. Jess finds herself with huge opportunity for a new job on the day before Cece’s wedding. Schmidt must take a look in the mirror and confront his real feelings about Elizabeth. Meanwhile, Winston psyches himself up for his huge surprise birthday celebration, which no one seemed to remember to throw for him. New Girl is an American television sitcom that premiered on Fox on September 20, 2011. Zooey Deschanel stars as Jessica “Jess” Day, a well-liked, bubbly, and adorable woman in her late 20s who is trying to get over her surprise breakup with her boyfriend. She finds a new place to stay when she moves in with three single guys: Nick (Jake Johnson), a bartender; Schmidt (Max Greenfield), a professional and modern-day Casanova; and Winston (Lamorne Morris), a former professional athlete who achieved modest success abroad and is adjusting to life back in the US.
On April 9, 2012, Fox renewed New Girl for a second season, which premiered on September 25, 2012.Parker Posey guest starred as a “shot girl” at a party thrown by Schmidt in the season premiere episode “Re-Launch”; Leslie Mann was originally cast in the role, but pulled out due to a scheduling conflict.Raymond J. Barry guest starred as “Old Nick” — an older drunk man who frequents Nick’s bar, claiming to be Nick — from the future.Niecy Nash, David Walton and Eric Winter all signed on as guest stars for the second season. However, Walton was the only actor out of three that appeared in the series, he appeared in a recurring role as Jess’ love interest, Sam, first appearing in the episode “Katie”.Rachael Harris reprised her role as Jess’ boss, Tanya Lamontagne in episode “Re-Launch”.Maria Thayer guest starred as Amelia in the Halloween episode, a woman from Nick’s college days.
* Jess’ dad, Bob (Rob Reiner) is in town, but it’s not exactly the most fun visit ever when Jess makes a connection between Nick and her dad. Then of course everything Nick does reminds her of her father, and as Jess says herself: “I can’t date my dad”.
* Jess gets a surprise call from her former boss, Tanya saying that she has a teaching job for her at a new school, and Jess is more than a little psyched. Only problem is, she’s got about a million things to deal with: her and Nick, Cece getting married, Winston’s birthday…not to mention her dad’s in town. The kicker? When Jess shows up at the school for her interview, Tanya has her sub a rowdy class instead (and “rowdy” is putting it mildly).
* Speaking of surprises, expect Winston to show up at Cece’s apartment for his surprise birthday party – and imagine his disappointment when all he finds is a disheveled, half-asleep Cece. (With everything else going on, will the gang forget all about Winston’s birthday??)
* You might remember that Schmidt shows up at the door of his old college girlfriend, Elizabeth in episode 22, “Bachelorette Party”, asking her to be his plus-one for Cece’s wedding (check out spoilers here and here). Well, what happens when they’re actually kind of a thing, but Schmidt is too embarrassed by Elizabeth around other (hotter, *cough-cough*) women? Will Schmidt finally man up and face Elizabeth by dressing up in the sweatshirt she once got him and his old size 48 pants? Yes, no, maybe….
* Jess’ dad (guest star Rob Reiner) chooses the worst day to pay the loft an unexpected visit, forcing a nervous Nick to spend time alone with him.
* Meanwhile, Jess gets a shot at a big new job on the day before Cece’s wedding.